I like to go shopping after Christmas to take advantage of the markdowns. This is the time of year to purchase all the sets that are sold at Christmas. I went to Walmart, Target, Walgreens, and CVS. I was disappointed this year because I just didn’t find the bargains that I have found in the past. This is what I found this year. The foundation and lipstick were not marked down but they are cheap anyway.
L’Oreal Extraordinary Oil Shampoo, Conditioner, and Leave-in Treatment – this has an oil complex that is supposed to transform dry hair to lustrous hair in just 1 shampoo. It contains Argan, Chamomile, Coconut, Amla, Soja, and Sunflower oil. This set was marked down to less than $4 at Walmart. It sounds like it might be good when my hair gets dry and flyaway in the bitter cold months coming up.
Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Foundation – I got this in the shade 128 Warm Nude. This is a cult favorite on YouTube so I have been wanting to try it for some time. You can buy it at Walmart for less than $7. I have used it a couple of times and have applied with a Beauty Blender and a brush. So far I am not seeing what all the hype is about. It may be a tad too light for me so that may be why I am less than thrilled. I will wear it some more and see if it grows on me.
Caress Body Wash in Love Forever – this body wash has a perfume scent that is floral. It is supposed to last for 12 hours and you can activate it by rubbing your skin.I love Caress body washes and I have tried samples of different scents in this line. This is a nice scent and I picked up a 3 pack at Walmart marked down to $4.84. That is almost what 1 bottle costs so this was a great deal. I gave 1 to my mom which is why there is 1 missing in the picture.
elf Moisturizing Lipstick in Ravishing Rose – I saw this while standing in the checkout line at Old Navy. I wanted this because I saw somewhere that it was a dupe for Marc Jacobs Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It is close but it has a lot more shine and is a brighter pink shade. I still like it, though.
And finally, I got this Wet n’ Wild Start to Finish Face Set that was marked 1/2 off making it $7.50. It contains:
- Photo Focus Setting Spray – I purchased a bottle of this recently because I had a coupon. I love how fine the mist is and it seems to make my makeup last. I typically use elf Setting Spray but wanted to give this a try. My only issue is that this has alcohol. Apparently a lot of alcohol because I can smell it when I use it. I will probably stick to elf once I finish these up.
- Cover All Primer – I haven’t tried this yet because I don’t use a primer every day and I have so many already opened. I hope to get back in the habit of using a primer regularly.
- Megaglo Illuminating Palette in Catwalk Pink – this has some very nice warm pink and gold shades that work very nicely to highlight the face.
- Megaglow Contouring Palette in Caramel Toffee – this palette is the reason I bought this set. I have heard sO many good things on YouTube that I had to try it.
- Contour Brush – this brush looks ok. I have never really tried a Wet n’ Wild brush that I really liked that much. elf makes a much better brush in this price range. Right now I am using a contour brush by Coastal Scents that was one of my 5 Faves December 2016. I will try this brush at some point but I am happy with my current one.
I think I got a lot for less than $25. The body wash and hair care products are things I always need anyway. To get 3 body washes, shampoo, conditioner, and a leave-in treatment for less than $10 is amazing.
I bought the Wet n’ Wild set mainly to try the contour palette. It has gotten great reviews all over social media. The illuminating palette is very pretty too. Just those 2 would have been $8. For less than that I got a primer, setting spray, and brush plus both palettes.
Have you tried any of these products? Do you like them? What bargains did you find after Christmas?
If you enjoyed this post please “like” it. If you follow me then you won’t miss any posts! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your taking the time to check out my blog.