I would like to thank Jessie from Down the Rabbit Hole who nominated me. I enjoy reading her posts and you should definitely check her blog out: Down the Rabbit Hole. Jessie does a great job with her unboxing posts which are one of my favorite kinds of posts! I never miss one of Jessie’s posts. I am also touched that she enjoys my blog enough to nominate me. It feels good to know that people read what I write.
The Blue Sky Challenge is an award that bloggers can give to fellow bloggers that they follow and enjoy. It is a way to pay tribute to your favorite bloggers and let them know that there work is appreciated. As part of the challenge, I have to answer 11 questions that Jessie came up with and then come up with 11 questions for my 11 favorite bloggers.
Here are my 11 questions:
- What motivates you throughout your day? During the workday, it is the thought of going home to my son and my dogs. I am a “clock watcher” Monday – Friday. On the weekends I don’t need motivation as I just try to enjoy the day. My son and I try to do fun and relaxing things on the weekend to get recharged for a new week.
- If you could speak to one famous person from the past, who would it be and why? Since I am a social worker I would pick Jane Addams who is considered the first social worker. I would like to know what made her get into the work she did and tell her about the profession based on her work.
- What was your favorite subject to study in school? History! I love history. In college, I took extra courses because I love history and it was always an easy grade for me. I firmly believe that those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.
- What has been your greatest accomplishment thus far in your blogging journey? To blog consistently for over a year now. I started my blog 2 years ago but only posted sporadically for a few months and then stopped altogether. In this past year I have been consistent and now post 4 days every week. This consistency has caused my blog to have steady growth.
- What’s your favorite movie of all time? I’m not sure I can narrow it down to just one! I love Horrible Bosses and Horrible Bosses 2, Napoleon Dynamite, Hidden Figures, Superbad, Kingsman: Secret Service
- What inspired you to begin your blogging journey? In the summer my son spends a lot of time at my mother’s house so I have a lot of free time. 2 years ago I discovered YouTube and watched hours of videos on makeup tutorials, makeup products, and skin care products. This made me change everything about makeup and skincare! I made major changes in how I apply makeup and got positive feedback from almost everyone I know. I am one of those people who when I find something I like I want to share it with everyone! I had learned so much that I wanted to share it with the world. So I started blogging about beauty. Following the U.S. election in November, blogging was my salvation. It allowed me to do something mindless so I wouldn’t have a total breakdown!
- What is your biggest fear? Nuclear annihilation. That feels closer now than at any point in my lifetime and I am scared. If I think about world events too much it makes me so anxious. That is when I turn to my blog and my fellow bloggers to take my mind off what I cannot control.
- What’s the title of the last book you read, if you haven’t read a book recently then what is the title to your favorite book? I am currently reading The Resistance handbook: 45 Ways to Fight Trump by Markos Moulitsas and Michael Huttner. I cannot recommend it enough to progressives who want to change the world.
- If you could travel back in time and personally witness any event in history, what would you want to witness and why? I would love to go back in time to the day that women were given the right to vote in America. I would tell the women who fought so hard what a major impact their work has had on me. That was a major step in achieving freedom for women. There is much to still be done before we achieve full equality but getting the right to vote was huge!
- Do you believe in the paranormal? Not really. Nothing has ever happened to me that would suggest paranormal activity.
- Where is your favorite place to visit and why? The beach! I love the beach but am especially fond of South Carolina beaches. I go to the beach every year at least once. I just feel like I can relax and recharge at the beach in ways that I can’t anywhere else. Maybe the fact that I am a Pisces has something to do with it.
So, those were my questions and answers. Now onto my nominations and questions.
Shreemayee at https://shreemayee2016.wordpress.com/. I love her writing style and her posts are always good. Even though I can’t try most of the products she reviews because they don’t sell them in the U.S.
Keeley at https://keeleybsmith.com/. This girl does the most thorough posts you will even want to read. She swatches everything from all angles. I always look forward to her posts.
Alice at https://alicerambles.wordpress.com/. I enjoy keeping up with her posts on her life, makeup, and skin care.
Dee at https://stuffinapowderpuff.wordpress.com/. Dee’s hauls and unboxings are always fun to read.
Mrs. Strawberry Blonde at https://mrsstrawberryblonde.wordpress.com/. She was one of the first bloggers to follow my blog and make me feel welcome. I read every blog she posts and love reading about her quest to work through her stash of bath and body products. She also does some amazing nail art.
Stashy at https://stashmatters.com/. Who doesn’t relate to the struggles of having huge stashes of beauty products? Read Stashy’s posts to see how she manages her struggle.
cbiancardi at https://beautyfindsforme.wordpress.com/. She is my go-to blogger for all things Asian Beauty. Her posts are always super thorough and so well written.
Nikens at https://nikensmartini.com/. She blogs about beauty, travel, food. There is always something interesting on her blog.
Nyobie at https://productreviewernw.wordpress.com/. Nyobie shares some really great makeup looks. Plus some great reviews. Check her out.
Lynn at https://estheticianscorner.blog/. I just recently discovered Lynn’s blog and I’m glad I did. She shares some great reviews and I always enjoy her posts.
Anne Brooke at http://annebrooke.com/. Anne was one of my first followers and reposts a lot of my posts. I appreciate her support.
Now here’s what you need to do:
- Write a post that includes everything listed below
- Thank you to the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions I ask (you’ll find them below)
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask those bloggers 11 new questions
Make sure to leave a comment on this post so that I can read through your answers! I can’t wait to learn more about all of you.
Here are your 11 questions:
- What made you decide to start a blog?
- What is your favorite book or books?
- What is your favorite food?
- If you won a big lottery what is the first thing you would do with your money?
- What do you do for a living? Do you enjoy what you do?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- What do you do to relax?
- Do you have any pets? What kind and what are their names?
- If you could only use 1 makeup item what would it be?
- If you only had 6 months to live what would be on your bucket list of things you would want to do.
- How do you define beauty?