I saw #SampleSeptember on Instagram and decided to participate and follow it. Thanks to all my subscription boxes I have samples upon samples. I mostly wanted to use up my foil packet samples. I had a bag of those that I was always meaning to try. This seemed like the perfect time. Mostly I had skincare and hair products. I am happy to say that I used up almost all that I had. Read on to see what I finished this month.
- Ken Paves You Are Beautiful Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner. I didn’t like these at all. They did nothing for my hair and I didn’t care for the scent.
- Ken Paves You are Beautiful Thick Conditioning Mask. This was not great either.
- Garnier Whole Blends Refreshing Shampoo and Conditioner with Green Apple and Green Tea Extracts. I liked both of these. They smelled like green apples and did a good job.
- Dove Quench Absolute Ultra Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner. I have used Dove hair products in the past and I like them.
- Dove Quench Absolute Nourishing Hair Mask – I LOVED this! It left my hair super soft.
- PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Touchable Curl Cream – this tube lasted a while and I liked this a lot.
- Briogeo Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray – I didn’t see where this did much of anything.
- R+Co Twister Curl Primer – I really liked this. It made my curls look nice and they were super soft.
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser – This will never take the place of my CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser.
- Avon Anew AHA Refining Cream. I got a single use out of this. It did not absorb well into my skin.
- Guerlain Abeille Royale Night Cream. This had a really luxurious feel to it. I enjoyed it but I know it is way out of my price range.
- Nuxe Merveillance Regenerating Night Cream – This was a heavier night cream that would be good in the winter.
- Avon Anew Ultimate Day Cream. This was nothing special.
- Philosophy Take a Breath Eye Gel Cream. I never see much difference from one eye cream to the other.
- Avon Anew Reversalist Complete Renewal Night – Nothing stood out about this night cream.
- L’Oreal Revitalift Bright Reveal – This was an ok daytime moisturizer. I have used L’Oreal skincare products in the past and they do work.
- Burt’s Bees Night Cream with Royal Jelly – This stuff just did not want to sink into my skin. It just wanted to sit on top of my skin. I would not buy this.
- Avon Ultimate Supreme Advanced Performance Creme – This was the best of all the skincare samples I tried this month. It felt so good on my skin. I might buy this one.
- L’Oreal Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Golden Balm – This was a bit heavy for daytime use but it sank into my skin. It worked well under my makeup too.
- Shea Moisture Youth Infusing Cream Cleanser and Face & Neck Creme. I was not a fan. Check out the post to see why.
- elf Illuminating Eye Cream – I also have this in a full size. It is an ok eye cream.
- Hera Waterin Gel Serum – This felt good but there wasn’t enough to see what it would do.
- Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips – This is a great makeup remover. It even removes waterproof makeup without tugging or pulling. It isn’t greasy at all.
Bath and Body
- Nivea Nourishing Body Oil. I did a post on this sample.
- Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Concealer. I didn’t see anything special about this concealer. I’ll stick with drugstore brands.
- Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 – OMG! I love this! It is amazing and I will purchase a full size.
I was thrilled to get through almost all my foil samples. They had been just sitting around forever and I always meant to pull them out and try them. I am also happy to say that my skin didn’t freak out while I was using different products day and night.
Do you build up samples like I do? Do you use them or just collect them?
If you enjoyed this post please “like” it. If you follow me then you won’t miss any posts! Thanks for stopping by.