I have an absolute ton of masks. I love masks and I like all kinds. I routinely mask 3 times a week. The past couple of months I have been participating in challenges on Instagram. There are themes each day and you use a mask that matches that theme.I participated in 2 masking challenges that had some overlap. I will do a post on that challenge next week.
The #MarvelousMaskChallenge was based on Marvel comic characters. I had fun and was able to do almost every day. Read on to see the themes and my choices.
- Vision Soothing Mask – 23.5 N Rice Soothing Gel Mask. This mask was just ok.
- Wolverine Hand Mask – Body Pure Keratin Glove Nail Strengthening Skin Nourishing All-in-one Hand Treatment. Yuck. This was a bad experience. All the lotion was in the glove fingertips and it was thick. My first and probably last hand mask.
- Thor Hair Mask – Nelsonj Beverly Hills Moisture Healing Mask. This smelled like coconut. It was a good hair mask.
- Spiderman Lace Mask. I didn’t have a mask for this theme.
- Captain America Sleeping Mask – Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. I liked this enough that I have ordered a full sized tube.
- Rogue Sweet Mask – Freeman Feeling Beautiful Chocolate & Strawberry Clay Mask. This mask smells like brownie batter and leaves my face soft.
- Scarlet Witch Blind Pick – I didn’t do a mask for this day either.
- Hawkeye Spot Treatment – Dewytree Blackhead Out Nose Patch. I didn’t know how to use this right so it didn’t work. Maybe next time.
- Hulk Double Mask – OMG! 2 in 1 Kit Detox Bubbling Microfiber Mask. There are 2 sheet masks in this set. The first bubbles and the 2nd is like your usual sheet mask. The bubble mask didn’t remove my makeup like it said it would. I probably would not repurchase this mask.
- Winter Soldier Cooling Mask – My Beauty Diary Aloe Vera. This was one of my favorite masks of the month. It left my face looking and feeling so good. It lasted into the next day.
- Gambit Bubble Mask – SooAe Honey Bubble Mask. This mask left my face feeling dry and tight. I won’t repurchase.
- Mystique Anti-Aging – Repiel Timeless Line-Shot Bio Mask. This is such a great mask! It fits like a 2nd skin and makes my face look and feel wonderful.
- Thing Clay Mask -Clarisonic Deep Pore Detoxifying Mask. This is your typical clay mask. It deep cleans my pores and leaves my skin soft and smooth.
- Ironman Vitamin Mask – Epielle 3-Step Complete Facial Kit Vitamin C & E. This had a cleanser, a sheet mask, and a serum. I didn’t care for the scent or the tackiness after removing the mask.
- Groot Plant Mask – Skinfood Maca Root Mask. This was a really good mask. It left my face hydrated and bouncy.
- Black Widow Black Mask – Sur.Medic Pore-Less Carbonic Peel. This was another mask that didn’t have any obvious benefits despite having some good ingredients.
- Beast Medicinal Mask – Masker Aide Weather Warrior. This mask definitely had the cutest packaging of the month. It was a really good mask too.
- Loki Animal – Skinfood Salmon. Another good mask from Skinfood.
- Gamora Herbal Mask – Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. This iconic mask is still under $5. This smells amazing. It leaves my face soft and smooth with less visible pores. It is a keeper.
- Sandman Exfoliating – By Nature Coffee + Coconut Oil Exfoliating Face Mask. This left my face dry and tight. I won’t repurchase.
- Emma Frost Whitening Mask – Manefit Lily Whitening and Brightening. The serum in this was thick and sticky and I didn’t like how it felt on my face. It did lighten and brighten but felt super sticky doing it.
- Human Torch Warming Mask – Freeman Beauty Banana – Oat Instant Smoothing Mask. This AHA containing mask is an old favorite. It burns like fire but leaves my face so very smooth.
- Black Panther Metal Foil Mask – Peter Thomas Roth 24 Kt Gold Mask. This was a shiny gold mask! It was sticky and hard to spread. I didn’t love it.
- Storm Hydrating Mask – Skinfood Aloe. I did not like this one. The My Beauty Diary Aloe mask is far better.
- Nicky Fury Eye Mask – SpaWorks Under Eye Hydrating Pads. These did make my under eyes look better that night. By morning the benefits were gone. These would be good right before a big event.
- Mr. Fantastic Modeling Mask – Masqueology Charcoal Modeling Mask. You mixed this mask up in the package. It was hard to do and I clearly did not add enough water. This mask is too much bother for me.
- Dr. Doom Hydrogel – Bonvivant Nude Hydrogel Mask. This fits like a 2nd skin. This left my face looking bouncy and hydrated. It was one of my favorites.
- Ant Man Pore Mask – Vichy Pore Purifying Clay Mask. My face felt smoother and looked brighter after using this.
- Magneto Peel Off Mask – Freeman Feeling Beautiful Pomegranate Peel-Off Mask. This is an ok mask. It doesn’t do anything amazing. Once I finish the tube I won’t repurchase.
- Quicksilver Time Saving Mask – Privai Aqua Gel Mask. This is a simple little mask that you can massage in and leave on or tissue off after 10-15 minutes. It is very hydrating.
I enjoyed taking part in this challenge. I was able to use some of my sheet masks and pull out some of the tubes and tubs I sometimes forget about. I think that my skin is better for all the extra attention.
Have you participated in any online challenges? Do you use masks regularly? What are some of your favorites?
If you enjoyed this post please “like” it. If you follow me then you won’t miss any posts! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog.