I discovered some great new products in 2017 and stuck with some much loved, tried and true favorites. I am constantly trying new skincare and makeup so new items enter my rotation and I am reminded of why I love some of my favorites! Read on to see what products were my favorites in 2017.
CLEANSERS – I will start with my favorite a.m. and favorite p.m. cleansers. These have not changed in the past 2 years because they work for me.
- CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser this has been my morning cleanser for at least 2 years. It gets my face clean without leaving it feeling tight or dry. It has ceramides and hyaluronic acid. It is the perfect morning cleanser and I won’t be surprised if it is still on my list in 2018!
- Purity Made Simple by Philosophy – I have been using this cleanser at night as long as I have been using Cerave in the morning. I remove all my makeup first with an oil cleanser or a balm and then use this to cleanse my face. It leaves my face so soft and smooth. This is another product that will be on my list for 2018.
Cleansing Tools – although I love my cleansers they can be more effective when you add some extra muscle!
- Konjac Sponges are what I use with the Cerave cleanser to help buff off dead skin. It is gentle enough to use daily and won’t over exfoliate. It helps get my face clean in the morning.
- Clarisonic Mia 2 is a much-loved beauty tool. I use this every other night with my Purity Made Simple. It deep cleans my pores and gets my face totally clean. You can buy different brush heads according to your skin’s needs. Now that it is cold and dry I am using the super gentle Cashmere brush head.
Moisturizers – I have had to make adjustments and changes with my moisturizers this year. That is mostly due to the fact that I transitioned to the highest strength Tretinoin and needed more moisture for my skin.
- Acure Organics Day Cream is the perfect daytime moisturizer for most of the year. It deeply moisturizes without being heavy or greasy. Plus it has the best citrus scent.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion is amazing and it is easy to see why it is a cult classic. It was always too heavy for my oily skin but now it is a perfect moisturizer for nighttime. It still might be a bit heavy for daytime use but it is great for my skin overnight. It isn’t pictured because I recently finished it and threw it away with the rest of Empties December 2017.
Facial Spray – I use a face spray prior to applying my moisturizer. It is absorbed better on damp skin.
- Sacred Rose Water Spray Body Mist & Aromatherapy – this smells just like fresh roses! It always makes me happy just to smell it.
Sunscreen is a must when you use Tretinoin and I have tried so many brands. I have found some that I really like and it was hard to pick just one but I did.
- Nivea Sun Protect Super Water Gel SPF 50/PA+++ was a super light sunscreen. It absorbed easily and did not leave my face greasy, shiny, or with a white cast. I don’t have a picture of this either. I finished it and threw the bottle away.
Masks are an important part of my skincare routine. I use sheet masks regularly but don’t really have a favorite one. I also have masks in all kinds of other forms that target separate skin issues. There are 2 that I love above the others.
- Skinfood Black Sugar Honey Mask Wash Off. OMG, this is one of the most amazing masks ever! It smells like honey and leaves my face hydrated and plump. It is good for use year round.
- Body Shop British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask is another awesome mask. It also leaves my face plump and hydrated. This mask leaves a noticeable glow and it has rose petals in the mask.
Foundation – I use different foundations at different times of the year. I still like a matte foundation in the summer but need more hydration come fall and winter.
- Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup. This is the best makeup ever if your skin gets oily and shiny in the summer. I start using this foundation in May or June and use it into September. It keeps my face looking matte all day long. This is another product that made my list of 2016 favorites. You just can’t find a better matte foundation.
- Clinique Even Better Foundation is a great year-round foundation. It has a semi-matte/satin finish. It is a medium coverage foundation and it blends beautifully for a flawless look that lasts all day. It was my first Clinique foundation and is still a favorite
Blush – I use blush every day and some are clearly better than others. However, one brand stands out for me and made the list last year and will almost certainly make it again this year.
- Clinique Cheek Pop and Soft-Pressed Powder Blush – I have these in a few different colors and like them all. They are not super pigmented but can be built up into a beautiful natural flush of color. For me, no other blush comes close to the quality of Clinique blushes.
Powder is an important part of my makeup routine. It helps set my makeup and keep it looking good all day.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder is my Holy Grail for summer time. I buy it every summer and finish it by fall. It keeps my face looking fresh and matte all day long. It also minimizes my pores. It is not pictured because I finished it up in September and won’t need it again until May or June.
Body Lotions/Oils are a key part of my morning routine. I apply lotions, oils, butters every day. Otherwise, my skin would be a scaly, ugly mess.
- Avon Skin So Soft Gelled Body Oil. This is a product that I use every single day. I keep a supply on hand just to be certain I never run out. This is the most awesome product ever. It keeps my skin satiny smooth but that is just part of this miracle oil. It keeps my feet as soft and smooth as baby feet. All year round. Even in the winter when feet usually get dry and crusty and disgusting this stuff keeps them perfect. If you haven’t tried this you really, really should.
- The Body Shop Body Butters have become a new obsession after I used The Body Shop British Rose Instant Glow Body Butter. I just finished this one up but I bought several in different scents. They smell good and leave my skin so soft and smooth.
So, these are the products that I used and loved regularly in 2017. Many will be on my 2018 list I imagine because they are just that good. There will always be new entries because I love trying new products but will always return to many of my tried and true loves.
What were your favorites in 2017? Any the same as mine? Do you have suggestions for products I need to try?
If you enjoyed this post please “like” it. If you follow me then you won’t miss any posts! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog.